YOU CAN USE TAX RETURN IN HOME-RELATED THINGS
Almost all Americans are expecting a tax refund in the coming week. If you are one of them and thinking to go on a trip, a shopping spree or something fun but these ideas will make your money burning a hole in your pocket. You can think something different and meaningful to use that refund. Your home is the best place to start. One of the smartest financial decision of that tax refund is putting them towards a real estate investment. Below, we will discuss the ways you can put that tax refund in good use.
PAY MORE ON YOUR PRINCIPAL BALANCE
The big amount can be saved over the life of your loan by applying for an additional mortgage payment. You can pay two additional mortgage payments for the year even with your refund of $3,000 which is the average tax refund. May not find that significant, making two additional payments every year but even if you do it once you can save a large noteworthy quantity of interest over time.
PAY DOWN DEBT
If you have any plan to buy a home soon by taking out a mortgage, then it is a good idea to paying down your debt. It will give a good impact on your capability to buy a home because every lender checks the debt-to-income ratio. The lender will compare the amount you owe and the amount of income you bring in with that mortgage. Lenders require your total debt to be less than 44%.
STAGE YOUR HOME FOR A QUICK SALE
Thinking about selling your home? Choosing to stage your house prior to listing it can significantly decrease the length of time it’s on the market. You could say it’s an investment that will pay off in dividends if it means your home sells more quickly – because you’ll end up saving on mortgage payments, utility bills and other home expenses in the long run.
SPLURGE ON NEW APPLIANCES
If you have any plan to buy a new home real estate soon then buying new appliances is probably not at the top of your to-do list. But there are a few reasons which make this a good idea.
Every household appliances have there owned expiry time period from 8-12 years and after that time period, they stop working or they cause harm to your home. So, it’s better to replace them before they get worse. There is one more reason for buying new appliances is while selling your home they may not break or make your new home real estate value but it certainly can speed up the selling process of your home by making it a shiny new suite of appliances.
IMPROVE YOUR HOME WITH A DIY PROJECT
Smaller projects can increase your home’s sale price because it will improve the cosmetic appearance of your home. Here are some projects to consider for this:
- Give your home new life with a coat of paint– You can transform your room with a beautiful color and calming neutrals are the best option for you if you are planning to sell your home in future.
- Add some charm with a new front door– If you have a steel front door then you can upgrade that with the craftsman-style wood door. It will change the appearance of your home from the outside and you will also receive the compliments from your guests.
- Refresh your kitchen with a backsplash– From a new backsplash, you can transform your room completely. Even if you don’t like your room cabinets, a beautiful backsplash will change your opinion by brightening things up.
- Replace light fixtures in your home– You can change your home’s lighting option with the modern ones. You can also try to consider those lights to match your doorknobs or cabinet because this looks more attractive.
- Install new flooring– New Floors have some options which are amazing and are very inexpensive. By installing new flooring you can transform your room.
Feeling inspired to use your tax refund wisely on your home this year? It takes a small amount of money to make a huge impact on improvement to your home or for your future home. We help our customers every step of the way. We prioritize informing and educating our clients about the loan process or anything which is related to the loan process. Our client’s happiness and confidence upon closing a deal reflect our excellent quality services. Feel free to contact us at (818) 322-5626 or (818) 3CA-Loan today! We will run you through the details and hold your hand throughout the process.